The Juvenile Intervention Family Independence (JIFI) Project
Juvenile Intervention Family Independence (JIFI) Project is accessible to all families who reside in Anne Arundel County.
JIFI provides family and community support for youth that are having difficulty in school, with peers, in the community and /or at home.
JIFI provides an :
- In home family assessment
- Substance abuse screening and referral
- Strength based treatment plan that can be presented in court as part of the disposition (sentencing) if appropriate
- Educational and Special Education Advocacy to assist and guide parents through the often confusing process of the Special Education System and/or quickly returning a child to the classroom
- Transportation available to court hearings and IEP meetings
- Monitoring and assistance with Court ordered conditions (such as locating a community service site)
- Case management and service navigation provided to the entire family system including:
- GED/vocational programs
- Individual and/or family counseling
- Mental health wellness and treatment
- Self help and support groups
- Medical services
- Medical insurance
- Job trainings
- Energy assistance programs
- Parenting groups and seminars
JIFI has worked with the courts, schools, after school programs and service providers in Anne Arundel County for nearly 15 years. Currently we are funded by Anne Arundel County Community Grants. We can be contacted at email@example.com or 443-535-1183 and ask for Jordan.